Monday, November 12, 2012

Coffee Addict

 
 
I am a coffee fan and enthusiast.
My sweet sister in law says a coffee treat is her way of 'buying a little happy' and I would have to agree!

I love a morning cup of coffee or the special starbucks coffee treat.
It's happiness in a cup!
Plus it was sort of the extra kick in the tail to wake me up in the mornings.
 
 
Unfortunately it can also be done in excess and as i've had to reign in on how much coffee i'm consuming it's sad!  Cutting back from having a cup everyday to now only about 2 times a week is not simple.
For example this morning I woke up dead tired and all I wanted was coffee!
{Note to self:Mondays should be one of the days I drink coffee}
Did I mention how I enjoy coffee?
 Half coffee-half special creamer (pumpkin spice being the latest!)
I'm sure the addiction is to the sugar more than the caffeine.
 
 It's alright to have coffee in moderation.
As much as I love to joke about the need for coffee and all of the other fun things to say about coffee, I realize the need for balance.
 
Indulging daily to now only a few times a week is difficult but when I am able to sip on that cup of coffee filled with too much creamer i'm happy about it and enjoy it all the more.
Maybe you're not a recovering coffee addict like myself but enjoy a large sweet tea from McDonald's on the way to work? Soda? Juice?
Enjoy your drink of choice a few times a week but when you feel dependent it's time to put the brakes on.
We don't want to start habits that are hard to break.
 
I do want to mention i've almost completely removed soda from my diet.
I drink a lot of water throughout the day instead.  I was once told not to drink calories and as i've included water in place of other beverages I don't feel like i'm missing out.
It's my secret weight loss weapon in case you wanted to use it to :).
 
 
Laura
 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment